Deshaun Watson faces new lawsuit over her massage 2020

Berea, Ohio – Another woman has filed a civil case against her Deshaun Watsonalleging that the suspended Cleveland Browns quarterback pressured her into oral sex during a massage session in 2020.

It’s the 26 known lawsuit filed against Watson, accusing him of inappropriate sexual misconduct or sexual assault during a massage.

In the lawsuit filed Thursday in Harris County, Texas, Watson is accused of calling the plaintiff via Instagram with a direct message for a massage in a Houston, Texas hotel room in December 2020, while he was a Texas member. The lawsuit states that during the hearing, Watson was subjected to constant pressure [the plaintiff] In massaging his own area ‘before ‘removing the towel’ and ‘offering to let it ‘rise’. According to the lawsuit, the plaintiff “refused to have sex with Watson, however, he was able to pressure her into oral sex” and “Watson paid [the plaintiff] $300 for her services, even though her regular wage was $115 for an hour of massage.”

According to the lawsuit, the plaintiff has been “suffering from severe depression and anxiety” since the alleged incident.

“My client’s experience with Deshaun Watson follows a series of disturbingly similar encounters reported by more than 20 women who have sued the NFL star,” the woman’s attorney, Anissa Nguyen, told ESPN. “Like so many others, my client has spent nearly two years struggling to overcome the shame and trauma of everything that has been stolen from her and the daily pain that has become her reality.

“Knowing her story will lead to difficult conversations, criticism and even victim blaming, and the strength and courage of these other women have given my clients the courage to stand up and speak up. She seeks justice not only for herself and her own healing, but for the more than twenty women who refused to be ashamed of silence, the victims who did not They advance further.”

Watson’s attorney, Rusty Harden, told ESPN’s John Barr Friday that he will refrain from commenting on this latest lawsuit until he knows the identity of the plaintiff. In every other civil case against Watson, the court has ordered that the plaintiff be identified by name.

Watson settled 23 of the lawsuits against him last summer, but one is still pending, according to the plaintiff’s attorney, Tony Busby, who has also represented the other women who have sued. One lawsuit was dropped after a judge ruled that the plaintiffs needed to amend their petitions to reveal their names. Two other women filed criminal complaints against Watson but did not sue him.

In July, the Texans reached settlements with 30 women who filed allegations or were willing to file against the NFL organization over what Busby called the alleged “empowering” of Watson’s behavior. Over the summer, The New York Times reported that Texans arranged for Watson to see massage therapists in a Houston hotel room.

Watson is providing an 11-game suspension for violating the NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy by committing sexual assault on massage therapists, as defined by the NFL. On August 18, the NFL Players Association and the NFL reached a settlement over Watson’s suspension. He was also fined $5 million and had to undergo a mandatory treatment program.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said in a statement Friday that Watson’s 11-game suspension will remain in place, but he may face further discipline if he is found to have violated the league’s code of conduct.

“The situation for Watson has not changed,” McCarthy said. “We will monitor developments in the newly filed lawsuit; any conduct that requires further investigation or possible additional sanctions will be dealt with within the Personal Conduct Policy.”

Two grand jurors in Texas refused to pursue criminal charges against Watson earlier this year. But Sue L. Robinson, an independent arbitrator appointed jointly by the Players’ Union and the Players’ Union, found “the NFL has shouldered its burden to prove, by the preponderance of evidence, that Mr. Watson was involved in sexual assault.” Robinson also concluded in her report that Watson’s behavior was “terrible” and “predatory”.

When asked by ESPN’s Outside the Lines on Friday, Nguyen declined to comment on whether her client has filed criminal charges. Nguyen said the hope is to have Watson removed by the end of the year.

Watson has repeatedly denied wrongdoing and said people didn’t bother to hear his side of the story.

“I will continue to stand up for my innocence, just because settlements and things like that happen, you know, doesn’t mean a person is guilty of anything,” he said August 18 after the settlement agreement. “I feel anyone has a chance to stand their innocence and prove it, and we’ve legally proven that, and we’ll continue to move forward as an individual and as a person.”

Watson was allowed back into the Browns training facility this week after being banned since August 30 as part of the settlement. He can’t train with the team again until November 14 and won’t be eligible to play until Week 13, when Brown travels to face the Texans in Houston on December 4.

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Friday he had “no comment” on the latest lawsuit against Watson.

Leave a Comment