October 12 2022 – Epson today announced its latest generation of augmented reality (AR) smart glasses from Moverio with the launch Moverio BT-45C And the BT-45CS The devices, which the company said are designed to support seamless remote collaboration with a high-quality augmented reality viewing experience.
Built for mission-critical tasks such as troubleshooting, maintenance, inspection and training, the new Moverio models support immersive hands-free collaboration between on-site technicians and remote experts to help boost efficiency, improve safety, and reduce downtime, according to Epson.
Nathan Cheng, Associate Product Director, Augmented Reality at Epson America, Inc. “As a leader in AR with more than 10 years of innovation, Moverio’s latest platform delivers advanced image quality in a dual-lens display with enhanced performance and wearability to provide an immersive, shared viewing experience for today’s remote workforce.”
Compatible with a wide range of collaboration and remote assistance software, the Moverio BT-45C and BT-45CS feature all-new Si-OLED technology, a proprietary optical engine, and a full-HD microscopic display with a 34-degree-of-view (FoV) field for integrating digital content seamlessly with the outside world.
Using the USB-C interface, the BT-45C headphones can connect a wide range of Android or Windows host devices to support a range of applications. Designed for companies operating in manufacturing, automotive, field services, information technology, logistics, construction, and more, Epson says that smart glasses are built with a rugged, durable design – with high shock and dust resistance – to withstand the most demanding and dynamic work environments. With padded and adjustable helmet fitting options, the BT-45C and BT-45CS can also fit a variety of workwear models and front-facing helmets for added comfort and flexibility.
The Moverio BT-45CS combines a Moverio headset with a smart controller to help increase ease of use while working. The 13MP camera on the console provides users with the ability to take detailed and close-up photos. The console also features a touch screen interface and a host of connectivity options.
Moverio AR Smart Glasses Features
The Moverio BT-45C and BT-45CS support convenient hands-free “see what I see” collaboration between on-site technicians and remote experts with a range of features, including:
- Integrated Si-OLED technology, a special optical engine and a full-HD microscope display with a 34-degree field of view for an enhanced viewing experience;
- Adjustable padded headband, plus helmet fitting options help comfortably accommodate a variety of frontline work wear;
- Rugged, durable, shock- and dust-resistant design with military-grade drop-test compliance and IP52 rating;
- Headphone flip function allows users to secure a clear field of view to enhance efficiency and safety; Colored, clear shields compliant with ANSI Z87.1 can be attached to the headset for added eye protection;
- The 8MP autofocus focus camera with improved camera angle can accurately capture the wearer’s point of view, allowing “see what I see” experiences between the wearer and remote experts;
- The headset is equipped with 9-axis sensors and ambient lighting, and the BT-45CS controller is equipped with GPS sensors, which allows developers to take advantage of the full potential of augmented reality via Moverio SDK;
- The built-in loudspeaker and noise-cancelling microphone improve the quality of hands-free calling. The device can also connect to external audio devices via a mini audio jack.
The new Moverio AR smart glasses will be on display at Epson’s booth #113 in Enhanced Enterprise Summit (AES) in San Diego, California from October 18-20, 2022. Auganix readers can also get 15% off AES by using the code “AUGANIX15” at paying off.
Epson Moverio . pricing and availability
The Moverio BT-45C and BT-45CS smart glasses will be available through Epson channel partners and on Epson.com in November. For more information about Epson and its solutions for augmented reality, please visit the company website.
Image credit: Epson
Sam is the founder and managing editor of Auganix. With a background in research and report writing, he has been covering XR industry news for the past five years.