At this age and level of maturity, a sharp whine can seem revolutionary. But then, ideally, you grow up.
This is definitely my story. And this maturity is very useful during the countless cases in which West, who has officially changed his name to you In the past year, he cries for public attention in deplorable ways. I have too much self-respect to adore you because I don’t respect him creatively nor intellectually. I realize that he backs up his radiant facade in what seems like an effort To hide his self-hatred and self-hatred.
Yi’s latest controversy, which included his “White Lives Matter” T-shirt at a recent fashion show, showed it in abundance. And among the countless responses to the troll attempt, I found only one to be severe Interest: Quote from mother Wanda Cooper Jones Ahmed Arbery.
“As a result of [West’s] Show “White Lives Matter” is trending in the United States, which would channel support and legitimize extremist behavior, [much] Like the behavior that took her son’s life,” Cooper-Jones relayed through attorney Lee Merritt, I mentioned Rolling Stone. “It’s something that Wanda and families like her continue to fight.”
It struck a chord with me as it speaks to a belief I will hold to until the end of my days: Yi’s legacy of fomenting racial hatred will deservedly trump his legacy as an artist.
It was right in front of my mind when I read about your kidnapping of A swarm of hateful social media followers on a black womanVogue Editor Gabriella Kareva Johnson, who criticized his statement “All life matters”.
That’s really he is a man according to his words, Donald Trump sees a father figure.
You’ll remember: Trump used this tactic against many black women. These include Robbie Freeman and Shay Moss, a mother and daughter who serve as election workers in Georgia Trump even encouraged his rabid followersfalsely accusing them of helping to steal the 2020 elections from him.
Interestingly, a publicist linked to Yi allegedly I tried to force a woman to confess these allegationsto me Reuters. (Spokesman for Yi has to reject that the publicist was related to the rapper at the time of the alleged incident.)
And remember: This is not a shift in Yi’s tone. He’s been remarkably consistent about his mockery of black people.
This is where he probably needs some reflection among his supporters, past and present. Because he was never the pro-black icon he was made to be.
think about it…
- Much of its early popularity is due to Deliberate positioning of himself as a foil to the image of a gangster rapper, even when his music carried the same violence and misogyny as theirs. He always exhibited an obsession with so-called stand-up – Abercrombie shirts and all – which he and others portrayed as an upscale alternative to typical rap. (People must be wondering why this topic is so popular.)
- His most intelligent political remark – “George Bush doesn’t care about blacks” – was far from smart or brave. On the contrary, this belief was widely held among blacks, including many who expressed it much more deeply than it did.
- Talk about having to clean himself up obsessively After leaving his black ex-girlfriend for his white wife.
- he is He said Enslaved blacks made a “choice” to keep themselves enslaved.
- He joined a fascist political movement led by a man whose party wants to suppress the black vote.
I excuse this behavior, or even really argue about it. I don’t cry for Yi, my grandparents do as well. They knew what I knew: some blacks were selling them for a quick profit. I also don’t romanticize my beloved musicians. Sometimes they make noises that I respect and appreciate – and sometimes they lose the ability. There was certainly no need to overthink what happened to Li.
He has lost the creative ability to resonate with anything commendable, so all he has is hate and anger. And his actions have earned him the fate he truly deserves: a fate in which everyone who loves him either does so in silence or is forced to suffer from mining exhaustion by his misguided thoughts in search of gems – brilliance – they will likely never find again.